Kathu – Northern Cape Province – South Africa
This project was awarded in the First Phase of the Small Project Program together with the Bellatrix Solar PV Project.
The full project development from origination onwards has been executed by SOLA, with the financing, construction and operation of the project being carried out within SOLA Group. SOLA has kept complete control of the project from site origination to permitting, bidding, and the financial close process, and will remain majority equity investor.
SOLA Build is the appointed EPC and O&M contractor for the Adams project.
Key activities by SOLA include:
- Complete permitting and licensing of project
- Management of the grid integration design and authorisation process
- Financial structuring of the project
- Arrangement of the project debt
- Determining tariff and bidding
- Complete design of the project
- Sub-EPC selection, appointment and contracting process
- Management of all construction logistics and considerations
|Program & round awarded||South Africa’s Small Projects Program (SPP), Phase 1|
|Size (MW AC)||5|
|Status||Awarded Preferred Bidder, ready for Financial Close|
|Location||Kathu, Northern Cape, South Africa|
|SOLA’s role||Originator, Developer and Sponsor|
|Project sponsor||Aurora Power Solutions|
|MWh generated (p.a.)||13,800|
|Tons CO2 avoided (p.a.)||13,938|