Victoria West – Northern Cape Province – South Africa
Along with the Adams Solar PV Project, Bellatrix Solar PV Project was awarded in the First Phase of South Africa’s Small Projects Program.
SOLA has originated the Bellatrix project and kept complete control of the project development including permitting, bidding, and the financial close process, and remains majority equity investor.
SOLA Build is the appointed EPC and O&M contractor for the Bellatrix project.
Key activities by SOLA include:
- Complete permitting and licensing of project
- Management of the grid integration design and authorisation process
- Financial structuring of the project
- Arrangement of the project debt
- Determining tariff and bidding
- Complete design of the project
- Sub-EPC selection, appointment and contracting process
- Management of all construction logistics and considerations
|Program & round awarded||South Africa’s Small Projects Program (SPP), Phase 1|
|Size (MW AC)||5|
|Status||Awarded Preferred Bidder, ready for Financial Close|
|Location||Victoria West, Northern Cape, South Africa|
|SOLA’s role||Originator, Developer and Sponsor|
|Project sponsor||Aurora Power Solutions|
|MWh generated (p.a.)||16,500|
|Tons CO2 avoided (p.a.)||17,176|